Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Eleven Things

I can never, ever resist a meme.
1. What is your favorite type of cheese?
I like bleu cheese a lot but probably goat cheese.  Drunken goat cheese.  
2. What are you excited about?
I'm excited about going to NJ next month.  I'm nervous but excited.  We are going for a family reunion and I am going to get to see family who I haven't seen in a long time but we're driving, I'm taking Maria and Veronica, my sister and I are going with my mom, that's a lot of people, we don't know exactly the plan, ugh, it's always something but I'm excited anyway.  
3. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
I don't remember.  I'm sure we went out to dinner.  
4. What is on your bedside table?
Three pairs of glasses, my real ones and two pair of reading glasses, both with only one arm.  Arm?  Handle?  You know, the part that goes over your ear.  
5. What do you order from the movie theater concession stand?
I went to the movies last night for the first time in such a long time!  It's the kind of movie theater that sells booze and Mike had two beers but I am not drinking so I had kettle corn and a diet coke.  I wished the kettle corn had peanuts.  
6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing?
No.  I always think maybe next year but so far nothing.  
7. Any summer plans?
Maria and Veronica still have one summer camp to go, CYO camp, the first full week of July.  Felicity might go on Wednesdays to their little preschool camp.  Mike and I are hoping we can go to NYC the last week of July but it depends on Anthony's fricken fracken medicaid and waiver and if we can get respite support before then.  
8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for?
None.  Does anyone?  I can never get over that we are supposed to like Fitz and Olivia as a couple on Scandal.  I mean a) he is married and b) he is the president and c) and this should probably be a), he is a Grade A Douchebag.  I sometimes wish Peggy would get together with Stan on Mad Men.  I can't exactly cheer for any couples on Orange is the New Black, they are all kind of jerks.  I guess I am cheering for Jesse and her doorman boyfriend on Jesse and if you don't know what I'm talking about, good for you, with your having your own life and all.

9. What’s the last thing you bought?

I bought Graeter's ice cream today for Veronica and Felicity after we went to the pool  Maria stayed at the pool with my friend Marta, and at first Veronica was jealous but when we got to the ice cream place, it occurred to her that SHE was having ice cream and Maria wasn't, ha!  Then we talked about the meaning of the word benefit.  
10. What’s one thing you are passionate about?
This fricken fracken insurance appeal for Anthony.  I can't believe it is happening.  
11. What are you grateful for this week?
I'm grateful it's summer and good weather.  We had such a horrible winter, so cold and snowy and just - unDOable and even though I have to go out in the sun much more than I want, and even though everyone is home and bugging me for stuff to do, I'm grateful that I have these kids and I hope that they remember this summer as a fun one.  I read this awful article one time, interviews with parents who had lost children, and I tried to remember the whole thing  but one thing really stuck with me.  They asked this Dad who had lost his son what he was grateful about, what was something he was glad he did with his son and he said "we camped the hell out of every summer".  And I would never, ever go camping so that can't be a memory I have with the kids but I am trying to make their lives fun and I hope that someday they look back and say MAN, my mom took us a lot of places and tried to make us happy!  Maybe they'll say, jeez, she is so fair and it must have been awful for her to put that fat ass in a swimsuit every day of her life, alongside those skinny, skinny bitches, and stand in the sun, but she did it!  She's the best!  Yay, mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment