Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday - Saturday Edition :)

I'm just behind on everything this week.

What am I cooking?

I've cooked exactly nothing today, but I did make an excellent black bean burger this week that I really enjoyed. Here's the recipe: http://brokeassgourmet.com/articles/black-bean-burgers-with-sriracha-aioli

Next time, I'd have more things to dress it up, like avacado, or lettuce and tomato. I also have to serve it with more. I didn't think I'd have time to make them on Thursday and then I did, so we only had chips with it and it wasn't enough. Maybe potatoes and a veg, or pasta salad and salad. But they were great!

What are my weekend plans?

I went out to dinner last night with my sister and a friend and I went to bed around midnight, which of course I regret because A was up at 4:30. 4:30! Tonight Mike and I are going out to dinner, we were supposed to go play cards but it got canceled because our friend who was hosting has a sick kid. I am going to Mass tonight and Mike tomorrow.

What are my prayer intentions for the day?

A friend of mine's ex-husband died very suddenly this week, so I am thinking of her. I have another friend who is having a baby soon, her first and I'm praying for her and her family. I started in a little prayer group this week and I'm praying for the women I met there and their families. As always, my little kids.

What can my children do instead of watching T.V?

We are playing outside, which SURELY must be the last chance. Also I am packing up the downstairs, and they are playing htere.

What have I done for my marriage this week?

We had a rough morning on Wednesday and Mike had plans to go out right after work, and I tried to keep everything going well so that I wouldn't sound desperate when I said "have fun, we're fine!". I wanted to really be fine and it worked.

What am I reading?

I'm still reading Half a Life and I'm doing some reading for this prayer group I'm in.

What’s challenging me lately?

I'm so tired. It's hard to not get depressed when you are so tired and people are so unhappy around you.

Something that made me think?

Hmmm. Because we were talking about God and marriage this week, I thought about my marriage a lot. I also think, often, what would I do without God? What would I do if I didn't have faith in something? I would like to be more appreciative of my life and my faith and stop acting like I don't believe what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment