Friday, April 24, 2009

Reminder to Myself

I want to talk about religion and autism, but I'm not sure how. I feel that my faith has certainly been tested since I've had these children, not just by the fact that Anthony is autistic but by both (all three!) of them, really. I want to talk about vaccines and autism, and social contracts and vaccines and autism and morals. I want to talk about how I never worry that my husband and I will end up divorced, like 99% of parents of autistic children (ha - I am exaggerating but LORD it's high, or at least it's supposedly high) because I feel like no matter what happens with us, God is on our side. I am trying to have the best marriage and family that I can, and I try to use the Holy Family as a model. I know that even though I sometimes feel like I have been forgotten, like poor sweet Anthony has been forgotten, it's not true. I feel in my heart that we are being taken care of, just held in the palm of His hand. I am glad I'm a faithful person, and maybe I'm fooling myself, but in the meantime, it works for me.

I want to write about all this stuff but I don't have time because as I just told Mike, this kitchen looks like a bomb hit it and I've got to clean it up a little before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment